Pages

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Upsy Daisy

I think that this has to be my favorite stamp set out of the current catalog.  Daisies have always been my favorite flower, I just love em.  In fact my bouquet at my wedding was made from daisies.  I also happen to really like the whole silhouette line that SU! has.  And then who can pass up a stamp that is 15% off? 

I knew that when I saw Kristina's Color Inspiration #22 that the Upsy Daisy stamp set would be perfect. 

090808-colorThe colors she inspired us with are Bravo Burgundy, Rose Red, Regal Rose, Soft Sky and Whisper White.

I still had a mess all over my stamping table because I had not cleaned up from stamping last night.  On top were my pastels.  Before last night my poor pastels had been neglected for quite some time.  I decided to give them a try on this card.  I also found a simple sketch in my notes that I think came from a SCS sketch challenge but I didn't write down the number and while I was trying to figure out which one it was we had a little power outage and I haven't made it back over there yet.  Well here is what I came up with.

upsy thoughts

As I was saying earlier, my table was a mess and I had out some Baja Breeze from last night on the table and when I was pulling out the cardstock colors they all got mixed up and I wasn't paying attention and ended up using Baja instead of Soft Sky.  Oops!  The first time I tried to do the poppin pastels technique on the daisies I didn't like the way that the stems were turning out, so I turned my paper over and started again, but this time I inked the stamp up first in Versamark and then colored the stems with a garden green marker and I really like the way that it turned out this time.  The flowers are a combination of the burgundy, and two roses.  The main image is mounted on dimensionals to give it a little something extra since it is such a simple card.  In real life there is more a of a contrast between the regal rose ribbon and the rose red layer underneath.  I hope you enjoy!

Stamps:  Upsy Daisy stamp set

Ink: Versamark, Bravo Burgundy, Green Galore marker

Paper: Baja Breeze, Whisper White, Rose Red, Bravo Burgundy

Accessories: Regal Rose wide grosgrain ribbon, Stampin Pastels, Sponge daubbers, stampin dimensionals

Pin It Now!

No comments: