Pages

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I am alive, blog candy winner, and new stamps too!

Sorry for falling off the face of the earth this past week.  I got sick and life has been a mess.  But all is well now and even better now that my stamps finally arrived today!  Yes I finally made that first order on my birthday from the new catalog and after having the delivery a day late I finally have a few new goodies! 

Lets get the first things out of the way, I have some blog candy to give away.  I thought it was funny that most of you chose to email me once I added that option in there instead of posting as a comment.  I am sorry to the one person that posted a comment, I couldn't add you in because I don't know who you are, you signed as anonymous.  So I cut up the 11 names of people who emailed me and Kaitlyn drew out........Ellen!  So Ellen please email me your address so I can get your tag kit out to you asap!

When I saw the new mini catalog, I fell in love.  There are so many wonderful stamp sets in there, but the first one that I was drawn to was the Scandinavian Season stamp set.  It really brought me back to my trip to Sweden and many Christmases (and well year round) at Mormor's (grandmother in Swedish) house.  It also made me think of my favorite Carl Larsson paintings.  Well the stamp set is not his style of painting but I could see so many options using his color pallet of sort of muted colors (I don't know if that is the right word to describe it but it is all I can think of right now) with the bright red.  Here is my favorite Carl Larsson painting.

Ok so enough of my reminiscing and on to the card stuff.  I took the red and the blue from the painting for my card an here is what I came up with.

scand season

I wanted to give the card some texture to it so I used 3 out of the 4 stamps in the set on one 3x3 card.  The images on the white paper are the snowflake while the image on the Baja Breeze is the tree.  The mittens are stamped in Riding Hood Red, cut and mounted on dimensionals.  I toyed with the idea of using a brad to "hang" the mittens on but decided not to since we don't have any in color brads.  I hope you enjoy, I am off to play some more with my new toys.

Stamps: Scandinavian Season

Ink: Baja Breeze, Riding Hood Red

Paper: Whisper White, Baja Breeze

Accessories:  Stampin Dimensionals, Riding Hood Red Taffeta Ribbon, Linen Thread

Pin It Now!

No comments: