Pages

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Two projects in one day!

Well today definitely has been a productive day.  Not only did I get time to stamp twice, (a really rare thing with 3 kids 6 and younger), the house is clean, and I figured out my camera problems from earlier.  Apparently my toddler got a hold of the camera and got her fingerprints all over the lens.  It was such an even coverage I didn't realize what was going on.  So with that problem solved my pictures a now a little bit more decent.  I tried to work on Kristina's Color Inspiration #23 earlier today but there were so many colors involved and many of them colors I usually use as small accents I was really struggling, so I put it away and pulled it back out tonight.  Here is her challenge.

091608-colorinspiration

The colors are Bravo Burgundy, Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin Pie, So Saffron and Old Olive, plus either Whisper White or Very Vanilla.  My card sure turned out to be a busy one and the jury is still out on whether I really like it or not.  It might be one of those cards that just grow on me over time.

Color Insp #23

I tried to watercolor the flower with ink pads and an aquapainter on very vanilla cardstock.  I am still trying to get the hang of placing the shadows in just the right places.  Then I was trying to put just the faintest amount of Baja Breeze around the outline of the flower and in one spot I didn't dilute it enough and it was much darker than the rest so I had to darken up the whole thing because I wasn't about to start over.   Because I am taking the picture at night a lot of the details aren't really showing up.  The burgundy layer has the leaves stamped on it and the chocolate chip semi circle has been pierced around the edges, and the main image is up on dimesionals, but hey at least the picture is much clearer.

Stamps:  Give Thanks

Ink: Bravo Burgunday, Basic Brown, Baja Breeze, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip (markers in) Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, and So Saffron

Paper: Bravo Burgundy, Chocolate Chip, So Saffron, Pumpkin Pie, Very Vanilla

Accessories: Dimensionals, Felt Fusion Flowers, So Saffron Brad, Old Olive Twill

Tools/ Punches:  Crafter's Tool Kit, Coluzzle

Pin It Now!

No comments: