Pages

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Its a Boy

We found out that a neighbor is expecting a little baby boy, so of course right away I felt it my duty to send a little congratulations.  This will be their first kid and she is due shortly after me so it will be fun.  I have been meaning to make one of the cute onesie cards that have been all over the place for quite some time now.  I ended up at Lauren's Blog where she has a tutorial for how to make the card here.  I did one card the way that she showed with the scallop borders but it looked too girly for me so I "had" to make a different one.  I ended up using the 1 1/4 inch circle punch to make the neck and leg holes so that I would be able to use the 1 3/8 inch circle punch to make the seams/ borders.  I am much more pleased with the second one.  I cannot believe that it was so quick and easy to make this card, I am almost kicking myself for waiting so long to make one.  So here are my two cards.

2 onsies

(I feel like I am always apologizing for my pictures, but I really had a hard time with this one, between the contrast between the blue and the white and the shiny brads screwy stuff kept happening and this was the best I could get.)

Now I can't just give a card I have to have something to go with it.  Last night when I was transfering some of my notes into my new little "stampin Notes" book (see previous post), I came across a note that said "small kit kats in nugget tin."  Now I do not know where I got it from but the little fun sized kit kat candy bars fit nicely inside the nugget tins, so who ever it was that figured this one out thanks!  (This is why one of my sections of the note book is for listing the ideas with where they came from.)  So here is the gift I will be giving to my neighbor.

kitkat tin

I was able to squeeze 8 kit kats into the tin.  I covered each candy in Blue Bayou DSP which measured 2 3/4 by 4 and tied it with various Wild Wasabi ribbons.  (Before I wrapped the candy in the dsp I took a glue dot to fold in the crimped edges of the wrapper so make it pretty so there weren't all of these orange ends sticking out.)

Stamps: So Many Scallops (retired SAB), Punches Three

Ink: Wild Wasabi, Blue Bayou, White Craft Ink

Paper: Blue Bayou, Whisper White, Wild Wasabi, Blue Bayou Prints Designer Series Paper

Accessories:  Glue dots, Striped Wild Wasabi Grosgrain, Double Stitched Wild Wasabi and Blue Bayou Grosgrain, Brads, Nugget Tin

Tools/ Punches:  Crafter's Tool Kit, 1 1/4 inch circle punch, 1 3/8 inch circle punch, scallop circle punch

Pin It Now!

No comments: