Pages

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Quick Daisy Thanks

I was working a little too fast to get this card done, and although it was quick it took longer than it should have.  This was for a "Punch your way to a 1, 2, 3 card" challenge.                                                                                  

Here are the challenge requirements:

1. You must use only one stamp set

2. Up to but not more than two embellishments

3. Three colors. This includes the card stock & ink   (this includes ALL the SU! colors..... including BASIC BLACK & WHISPER WHITE!)

As a BONUS on this challenge... you can use as many punches as you want... but you have to use at least one.

This sounded hard at first but once I picked out my one stamp set and my 3 colors this card pulled itself together.  I need to remind myself of some basics though when I am tired and in a hurry.  First make sure you pull off the masking tape before you stamp your image on the paper ( for the sentiment I masked off the bottom part of the saying).  I messed this one up not once, twice but 3 times.  I had this lovely "Thank You" with a blurry mess right underneath it where the tape picked up ink and transferred it to the cardstock.  Second thing, when you are paper piercing the base of your card, make sure that it is "open" so you don't punch the inside of your card.  This case it turned out ok since it was a straight line near the bottom but next time it could be a lot worse.  So after these and a few other blunders here is what my card ended up looking like.

daisy thanks

Stamps: Upsy Daisy

Ink: Chocolate Chip, Kiwi Kiss

Paper:  Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Kiwi Kiss

Accessories:  Earth Element Button, Linen Thread

Tools/ Punches:  Crafters Tool Kit, Word Window Punch, 1 inch circle punch, Designer Label Punch, sponge

Pin It Now!

No comments: