Pages

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Ikea Frame

I picked up some of these framed mirros from Ikea a while back thinking that I could do something with them.



Here is what I came up with, I am really happy with it.


To start of I gave it a light sand to smooth it out a bit since it was not completely smooth. Then I took some white acryllic paint and mixed in some Old Olive reinker. I took this and painted the outside edges as well as the inside of the frame by the mirror. After that was dry I took a piece of 12x12 designer paper and pressed all around the outside and inside edges of the frame and trimmed the paper to fit. Then I "painted" the surface with Modge Podge and adhered the paper. After it was completely dry, (I waited about a 1/2 hour to be safe) I sanded all of the outside and inside edges. I learned that you have to be really careful on the inside edges not to touch the glass otherwise it will leave some little scratch marks. Once it was sanded I painted a thin layer of modge podge and waited for it to dry, then I added a rub on to the bottom corner. Then I painted on a total of 7 layers of modge podge (over the papered side as well as all of the edges), while waiting 1/2 hour in between each coat. I wanted to make sure that it had a good finish on it so it could be dusted and cleaned, I may have gone a little bit overboard though. At the end I added a felt fusion flower with a glue dot. With all of the modge podge and the mirror in the middle it was so hard to get a good picture, I literally ended up taking close to 100 and these were the best I could get, thank goodness for digital cameras! Enjoy.

Here is a close up of the run-on.



Stamps: None
Ink: Old Olive reinker
Paper: Fall Flowers Designer Series Paper
Accessories: SAB run-on's, felt fusion flowers, silver brad, sanding blockPin It Now!

No comments: