Pages

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Scratched and Pieced Sock Monkey

We have a birthday party for a nephew today, and I still hadn't made a card. When we got home from swim lessons the kids all crashed on the couch waiting for me to make sandwiches. So I headed off to stamp, uninterrupted! I still haven't had a chance to sit down and use all of my new preview stuff, so I thought that this would be a good time to break out my new sock monkey. I love the idea of the stamp set but feel like it is lacking the character of the traditional toy. So I spent a lot more time than I should have trying to give the little guy some life.



I stamped the monkey twice, once on whisper white and going gray. I colored the going gray image with chocolate chip pastels. Then I took a needle from the crafters tool kit to scratch the monkey both horizontally and vertically. This let a little of the going gray peek through and give it the texture of a real life sock monkey. (If I could only completely capture it on camera.) I used the retired Summer Picnic DSP for part of the background and also the paper piecing on the cupcake, hat and banner.Pin It Now!

No comments: