Pages

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Hippos!

I love hippos. They are hard to find but I have a few around that I have enjoyed collecting. I absolutely fell in love with the Pun Fun stamp set and of course the hippo was the first on that I used.

I have been hoping to get my business actually started up so that I am not struggling to make my minimums. I don't want to go overboard but want to get just enough to get by easily with out worry. So I have been trying to make some things that I can use as hostess gifts and the like. Well it is the time of year that is tricky because of the retirement lists. I wanted something that I could use for more than 3 weeks so that meant that I could not use any of my designer series papers. That was so hard. So this is a card from a gift set. I decided to make it a 3x3 love note set. That way I was able to get away with out the dsp that I so wanted to use.



I kept it simple so as to keep it whimsical. Isn't she just the cutest?! I colored her with my basic gray ink pad and an aquapainter. Her bow, balloon, and toenails were colored with a cameo coral marker. I cant believe that I made a card with out any embellishments that I enjoy. Another card that doesn't have ribbon, I may be getting over my addiction. Nah.....Pin It Now!

No comments: