Pages

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Its back...

... but I dont know where it came from. I have really had the hardest time lately trying to stamp/create anything at all. After several hours tonight dinking around staring at my stamping stuff and the computer (being jealous of all of the people who's orders were shipping or even picking, let alone the ones who have recieved their pre-orders), I was finally able to do something, and the best part is I like it. (Woah talk about a run on sentence.)

I really have no idea where this card came from. I sat down with a sketch and color combo from SCS and was going to force myself to just do it to try and force myself back into the swing of things. Well the sketch was a card where the background was a bunch of squares, (it was SC182 just becuase it was at the top of the list when I looked) and CC174 which was Groovy Guave, Barely Banana and Chocolate Chip. I have no clue where this pretty soft card came from.



This card uses the Braoque Motifs, Warm Words and Year after Year stamp sets. The colors are whisper white, pretty in pink and basic gray. I used the coluzzle to cut out the oval frame and then I sponged all of the edges of the pretty in pink cardstock including the inside of the oval frame. I stamped off the pretty in pink braoque stamp before stamping on the white layer to make it more subtle. After messing up drawing stems 2 times I decided to use the stems from the flowers in the Year after Year stamp set. This is the first time that I have actually used the flowers and hat pins from the pretties kit. I colored the flowers with pretty in pink with an aqua painter. For some reason I have been hoarding these things. I have used the half back pearls several time but for some reason havent touched the other items. I am going to need to find a way to attach the hat pin a little differently becuase it keeps moving and covering the "c" in cherish. I hope you enjoy.Pin It Now!

1 comment:

Debra said...

This one's exquisite! So elegant!
debra~