Pages

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

DCBD #211

Welcome back to another Diva Coffeebreak Designs Wednesday.  This week was a sketch week.  And what a fun sketch it turned out to be.DCBD211SKETCH

I am trying to make use of some of my more neglected stamp sets and this is one that has not seen as much ink as it deserves.  I have used the bear images more than their sayings.dcbd211

I stamped the bear first and colored her in with poppy and sahara sand markers.  Next I stamped the bear again on a piece of designer series paper and cut out the skirt part of the dress.  Then I stamped the image again on a post it note and covered the first image so that I could sponge the clouds in the sky.  (Since my post it note template was still sticky and in good shape I stuck it back in the box with the stamps to use again!)   I actually used a leftover frame from the scallop oval frame die, since my main oval was the middle part of the frame,  to use as my template for the clouds.  I sponged in some always artichoke grass and drew a few grass lines with the same marker.   The ribbon was whisper white but I colored it with my Poppy Parade marker and because I was in a hurry and couldn't wait too long for it to dry I wiped it with a baby wipe and a paper towel.  It did soften/lighten up the color some but I think it still works great. 

I hope that you feel inspired by the sketch and can play along with us at the Diva Coffee Break Designs Blog and share your creations with us.  Thanks!

Stamps: Beary Best Friends, Beary Nice Wishes

Ink:  Poppy Parade, Not Quite Navy, Sahara Sand, and Always Artichoke

Paper:  Whisper White, Poppy Parade, Not Quite Navy, Sahara Sand, and Poppy Parade Patterns DSP (Hostess Pack)

Accessories:  Whisper White Taffeta Ribbon

Tools:  Big Shot, Scallop Oval Frame Die, Scallop Trim Border Punch, Small and Large Oval punches, stampin’ sponge

Pin It Now!

No comments: