Pages

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Stamping Therapy

Wow things have really been off for me over the past few days so I haven't been stamping and I think that made things even worse.  It is amazing that stamping can be such a therapeutic release for me.  (Well that is if I am stamping just for fun for me, when I know I am doing it for a specific project, assignment, swap or the likes it too can be stressful but still fun at the same time.)  Lately I have really enjoyed doing sketch challenges, as it the sketch or layout of the card is what takes the most of my time and a lot of these wonderful creations from others have really helped me out.  So tonight's card is a combination of the Color Combo (CC181) Challenge and the Sketch Challenge (SC191) from SCS for the week.  The colors were Rose Red, Kraft and Black.

sc191, cc181

It is cards like this where I wished we had a Kraft ink pad.  I really wasn't liking the combinations some of the other colors were giving me with the Kraft cardstock for the background.  Then I realized that I could in a round about way I could get Kraft.  The leaves images are stamped with Versamark ink and then embossed with clear embossing powder.  The only problem was that I was not able to find my embossing buddy so there was some stray powder when I embossed.  There is also paper piercing in each scallop on the black cardstock but it did not show up in the picture.  The dots on the center of the main flower have been colored with the rose red marker and had some rose pink glitter from the fine cosmo glitter set and the flower is popped up on dimensionals.  Hope you enjoy.

Stamps: Embrace Life

Ink: Versamark, Basic Black, Rose Red Marker

Paper: Rose Red, Whisper White, Basic Black, Kraft

Accessories: Dimensionals, 2-way glue pen, Fine Cosmo Glitter, Rose Red Brads, Kraft Taffeta Ribbon, Clear Embossing Powder

Tools/ Punches:  Scallop Border Punch

Pin It Now!

No comments: