Pages

Thursday, August 21, 2008

I'm a bit rusty already...

and I cannot believe it.  It has only been a week and a day since I last stamped and boy did I get out of the swing of things.  When I sat down to stamp I needed some help in a major way, so I turned to Julee's Mojo Monday Sketch and also Kristina's Color Inspiration and combined the two into one card.  Here are their challenges.

Mojo49Sketch 082008-colorinspiration

For my "?" color for the challenge I chose Pacific Point, one of the new 08 In Colors.  I usually love black and white and ? cards but adding in the basic gray really threw me for a loop.  I had so many neutrals I constantly found myself reaching for another color to add in.  I did get over it and then found out that I am out of my basic gray taffeta ribbon that I was planning on using and I really didn't like the white or the black on the card so I ended up making my own Pacific Point grosgrain ribbon using a reinker and white ribbon.  It ended up drying a whole lot lighter than I had expected but it still works.  Hope you enjoy the card.

double challenge card

Stamps: Dreams du Jour

Ink: Black, Basic Gray, Pacific Point

Paper: Whisper White, Pacific Point, Basic Gray, and Basic Black

Accessories:  White Grosgrain Ribbon, Pacific Point Reinker, Stampin Dimensionals

Tools/ Punches:  Crafter's Tool Kit, Ticket Corner Punch, 1 1/4 circle Punch, 1 3/8 Circle Punch, Scallop Circle Punch, Heat Tool

Pin It Now!

No comments: