Pages

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Thoughts of You

This is a quick card I made this morning to send to a friend that I haven't talked to in a while. I just wanted to let her know that I was thinking of her. I tried to use some not too bright summery (is that even a word?) colors. I had the hardest time getting a decent picture of it because of the lighting right now in my stamping room and the shimmery white cardstock. I ended up with all sorts of weird colors, even one where the saffron layer looked like pumpkin pie.

This card uses the Just Celebrate stamp set. I colored the butterfly with an aquapainter and the regal rose, so saffron and bashful blue reinkers. The edges of the image were sponged with bashful blue. I used some of the so saffron designer series paper and I paper pierced a few of the layers. The brad elements are the word window punch that was cut in half because I had already adhered the layers to the card base and I didn't like the look of it overlapping the blue base.Pin It Now!

No comments: