Pages

Saturday, June 14, 2008

First Challenge

Well for some reason yesterday I decided that I am going to start doing some of the weekly challenges over on SCS. I don't know what it was that finally did it for me, I see people referencing the challenges all over the place, I get the weekly newsletter that has links to them. I have even gone into the archives to get some inspiration but I have never actually gone and done it. So I finally did it, not only that I did two in one! I combined this weeks sketch challenge (SC180) and color combination challenge (CC170). I did change the the layout of the sketch a little bit by rotating to its side. The blank spot on the side where the ribbon is was supposed to be on the top. I guess that I should actually read the rules for the challenges to make sure that is allowed. Anyways here is the card.

I have been trying to keep my cards simple so that they are easier to complete in a small class setting. The colors used for the challenge are Real Red, Regal Rose, and So Saffron. The flower image and the word come from the Just Celebrate stamp set in the mini catalog that retires at the end of the month. I tried to dye the ribbon slide because when I first put it on the card it was too silver. I put in a drop of so saffron ink refill and a small drop of crystal effects in the channel of the slide and mixed it together with a toothpick. It turned out on the dark side so next time I am going to try and mix it on something else and somehow get it into the grove, maybe with a small paint brush or something.Pin It Now!

No comments: