Pages

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I love my little birdie

I love the the stamp set "a Little Birdie Told Me". It is so cute and has so many sayings for all occasions. It is a great all in one go to stamp set. So I decided this morning to do the SCS color challenge which was Soft Sky, Kraft and Black. Now soft sky and kraft are not colors I choose very often and after seeing this color combination I do not know what I was thinking. They are wonderful colors and I really need to use them more especially Soft Sky since it retires soon.

I thought that this color combo would make a cheery get well card that is not too overpowering. I am really trying to work on my water coloring to give it more depth so I made the parts near his belly and under his wing a little darker. I just use my reinker and the aquapainter to color the birdie in. I think that my favorite element of the card is the little flower in the upper right, I love how coloring it in with the uniball white gel pen makes it pop! Hope you enjoy it too.Pin It Now!

No comments: