Pages

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

School's Out For the Summer

Well today is the offical second day of summer vacation. It means more hot days, time with the kids and less driving! (especially needed right now with gas at $4.47 here). Kaitlyn had her last day of kindergarten on Friday. She had a fun time but was seriously bummed that she would never see her teacher again, she is retiring. She was also disappointed yesterday becuase she thought that she was going to start first grade right away, she doesnt like the idea of having to wait unti August to go back to school. I showed Kaitlyn several projects to do and these are the ones that she picked.




The first is this neat little stationary holder that so many people are doing right now. The directions for it can be found here.





It was actually pretty easy to do even with a lot of "help" from Kaitlyn. Next time I have to remember to stamp on the plain cardstock before assembling, we kind of got ahead of ourselves so the base part of our box is pretty plain. We used the Flowers for you designer series paper, and the love and happiness rub-ons from SAB for the majority of the project.




The card organizer is a 12 month card organizer that has calendar pages on the inside with pockets to add in cards, we found it here. For this project Kaitlyn picked the Cutie Pie designer series paper, which doesnt look too pretty sitting next to the other project but on its own it is adorable.


And of course what is a gift with out chocolate, so there is a nugget tin decorated with the Flowers for You paper.


Kaitlyn also had the two morning kindergarten teachers helping out in her class. Well me and my forgetfulness completely forgot to make something for them and I didnt realize it until the middle of the night Thursday. So I got up extra early on Friday morning and went to my favorite blog for some inspiration. I found these cute little stationary holders with matching note cards and envelopes and whipped up two of them in less than an hour.



This is a complete case of her work, no orginality on my part becuase of the lack of time I couldnt think properly. Dannie has a great video tutorial on how to make these on her blog. This set uses the Tart and Tangy stamp set, Summer Picnic Designer Series Paper (my favorite), wide red grosgrain, and coordintating cardstock and ink.





Pin It Now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Simply wonderful! I love your gifts and I'm sure the teachers did, too! Flowers for You looks SO pretty made up into the stationary box and accessories! The journal is so cool with the paper you used, as well. You are so stinkin' talented! I'm inspired!
debra~