Pages

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Diva Coffee Break Design Challenge #192

Welcome back for another Diva Coffee Break Challenge.  Can you believe it is September already?  I am still wondering where June went.  Boy this summer was a challenge but is sure went fast.  Today also happens to be my birthday.  I always set a few goals for the year on my birthday, I pick a couple areas of things I want to try and improve on.  I actually set 8 goals this year and one of them is to be a better blogger both here and on my family blog.   Although I would like to be able to post at least on this blog every day Mon-Fri (I take a break from the blog on the weekends to be with my family) I have set a realistic goal to post at least 3 times a week.  OK, enough with the boring goal talk, on with this week’s challenge.  I really enjoyed this color combination.DCBD192_jpg The only problem was that I wanted to use river rock as the base for my original card sketch and I went to pull some out and I have completely depleted my supply of river rock with out even know it.  I went to my scrap folder and only had one scrap left about 1/8 of a sheet of cardstock.  I was sure bummed but went a different direction and made do with what I had.

dcbd192 The Just Believe stamp set was one that I knew that I had to get when I looked through the catalog the first time.  Then shortly there after I received the monthly demonstrator magazine that Stampin’ Up! sends to us demos free of charge, and fell in love with the card.  I changed the colors but still like the card just as much and I was able to use my one piece of River Rock cardstock!  I created my own Baja Breeze satin ribbon by dragging the ribbon through my inkpad squishing it down with a sponge dauber.  Then I overheard a great tip at convention, a lady was telling her friend to use a baby wipe on the ribbon.  I have shied away from dying my own ribbon because even after drying it with the heat tool I would still get some ink transfer from the ribbon.  But if you wipe it with the baby wipe and then dry it, something in the wipe prevents the ink transfer, and by George it actually worked! 

Thanks for stopping by.  Please head on over to the Diva Coffee Break Designs blog to check out some fantastic samples using this color combination challenge, there are quite a few of them!

signature-001

Pin It Now!

1 comment:

Created By You said...

Very Pretty Kirsten! Wish I had thought of that!