Pages

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Quick and Easy Christmas Card

One of the groups I belong to issued a challenge at the beginning of the year to make at least 5 Christmas Cards each month.  This way you would have a good start if not all of your Christmas cards done with out having to find a way to cram them in at the last minute.   So each month I have dutifully made between 5 and 10 cards, depending on the time each card took.  This is the card that I made this month. 

merrychristmasThis stamp set is one that will be available in the Holiday Mini Catalog starting tomorrow.  I was a lucky winner of the prize patrol and won this stamp set, a wheel and a fabric bundle.  I have not had a chance to play with the fabric yet, but I was impressed with it during convention and it feels great in person, it is really high quality stuff.

I ended up doing two versions of this card.  One with Navy ribbons and one with Cherry Cobbler ribbons on the bells. 

 2merrychristmas

It is really simple and easy to mass produce, I actually ended up making 15 of these, 10 navy and 5 cherry.  The glitter is the new Champagne glass glitter also in the holiday mini.  I just squeezed on a line of Tombo Multipurpose Adhesive and poured the glitter right into it.  And it worked great.  (You can also use crystal effects which was what I was going for but it walked away from my desk and is MIA at the moment.)  The oval where the sentiment is was the scallop oval bigshot die cut, that was cut in half.   Hope you enjoy! 

signature-001

Pin It Now!

No comments: