Pages

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Diva Coffee Break Designs Sketch Challenge

Well here I am again apologizing for not posting in more than a week.  Moments after posting my last post, and before fixing the rest of the posts to go live this month, I received an awful phone call letting me know that my grandfather who had a heart attack was in a coma and not expected to make it through the night.   So I quickly threw stuff back into suitcases and took off with the kids to head down to San Diego.  It has been rough on the family, especially my little 3 year old, he was dearly loved and will be greatly missed.

So it has been a while since I stamped, more than 2 weeks.  So when I sat down to work on this week’s Diva Challenge, I had a really hard time getting into the groove of things. DCBD191_jpg I am not entirely happy with the card (especially since I put it together upside down, the card opens to the left not the right), but I felt the need to show that not everything I create is perfect.  I get a lot of people telling me that they can’t stamp as well as I do and that they are not creative.   Well I get ideas from all over the place, I do not come up with much all on my own, but take inspiration from things around me and other stampers as well.  Ok enough with the boring and on to the stamping. 

 

dcbd#191

I was really in a funk on this one, and really missing a lot of my retired accessories.  All I need to do is get a little more stamping time in to get things spinning again.  Come back tomorrow and I will show you what I did with last weeks diva color challenge.  I did it before everything happened so it is a good one!

Thanks for stopping by.  Please head on over to the Diva Coffee Break Designs blog to check out some fantastic samples using this sketch. 

signature-001

Pin It Now!

2 comments:

Robin Messenheimer / Robin's Craft Room said...

Pretty colors, Kirsten. Glad to have you back!

Created By You said...

One of my favorite images and stamp sets... love your colors and layers!