Pages

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Diva Coffee Break Designs Challenge #181

It is a good thing that I have been a member of the Diva Coffee Break Design Team for the past few months, it gets something posted on my blog once a week.  I have so many things that I have to show,  I just have not been able to make the time to sit down and edit the pictures and get the posts typed up. 

This week was a sketch challenge, and this one really threw me for a loop. 

DCBD181

It took me a loooong time to even conceptualize anything towards a card.  I had printed out the sketch a few days ago since the computer and my stamping desk are no longer in the same room.  But of course it walked away from the desk, whether it was me or someone 3 feet tall I am not sure.  I did not want to waste the ink and paper to print it again so I found a reciept and drew it on the back.  When I did my own sketch it was basic and the flower turned into an “x” and I was immediately able to come up with something. 

dcbd#181 

I rotated the sketch on its side and it worked a little better for the circle that I was using instead of the oval.  I will truly miss this Designer Series Paper.  The colors are so vivid and bright and wonderful.  I have made many different styled cards from this DSP as it turned out much more versatile that I ever imagined.  To create the medallion piece that the flower is on, I first punched chocolate cardstock with the 2 3/8 inch scallop circle punch (available July 1st).  Then I took my round tab punch and punched out one tab and then rotated the punch 90 degrees and punched again to create a circle in a piece of pink flamingo dsp.  I then took the scallop circle punch and centered the circle I just made  to create the yellow border piece.    Does that make sense?

Don’t forget to head over to the Diva Coffee Break Designs Blog to check out the samples that the other divas have made and to play along with us!

Stamps: A Flower for All Seasons

Ink:  Basic Brown, Markers

Paper:  Whisper White, Confetti White, Chocolate Chip, Pink Flamingo Designer Series Paper

Accessories:  Apricot Grosgrain Ribbon, Dimensionals

Tools":  Round Tab Punch, 2 3/8 inch Scallop Circle Punch, 1 3/8 inch circle punch

Pin It Now!

No comments: