Pages

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Can you believe it?

Two days in a row?  The kids are out of school for the summer and I hope to get more stamping time in, some with kids but more with out!  Today’s project is the teacher gifts we gave to the kids teachers this year on the last day of school.  I try to give the teachers something consumable since I know that they get many gifts each year so I don't want to clutter up their lives.  I also get the kids involved in the picking of the gift, as well as the creating.  We usually do cards or stationary items but several months ago I found this great idea, a teacher’s journal jar that helps them write their story as a teacher.  I put together a cute little basket but forgot to take a picture of the completed gift.  Here are 2 of the main components:

2010 teacher gifts

The journal is an altered composition book.  I even added a piece of ribbon to the binding to create a bookmark.  The jar is full of strips of paper that have the topic for the day’s journal writing on it.  I also included in the basket a glue stick and a pen.  This idea came from Nichole and here is the link to the idea, Journal Jar.  She has done all of the hard work for you.  You print out the pages and cut them up, she has even included a note that you can put in a card that explains the gift.  I hope that the teachers enjoy the gift and are able to write down their story for their family and friends can enjoy for years to come.

Stamps:  Tart and Tangy

Ink:  Real red, kiwi kiss, chocolate chip

Paper:  Confetti White, Kiwi Kiss Textured CS, Real Red

Accessories:  Kiwi Kiss striped ribbon

Tools:  1 1/4 inch punch, Scallop Circle punch

Pin It Now!

No comments: