Pages

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Diva Coffee Break Designs Challenge # 162

I am finally on the uphill mend from one nasty cold that is going on 3 weeks now.  I am not there yet, but yesterday was a semi-decent day, so I took some time to stamp instead of crawling into bed early.  I needed an extra jump start to my mojo since it has been almost 2 weeks since I last stamped and what a great way to do it, with this weeks Color Challenge!  It is a fabulous set of colors.

color162.jpg

It was the perfect challenge to get me back into the stamping mood.  I got to use many of my recently acquired stamping goodies all in one.  I used the new chocolate chip epoxy brads from the mini catalog, the new designer series paper stack, new clear mount stamps and the oh so fabulous clear blocks, a die and some ribbon that has been around for a while but I just got my hands on them.  This really was a fun card to put together.  Have I mentioned how much I love the new clear blocks, they are sooooo comfortable and so easy to use.  If I only had all of the time in the world I would probably unmount the many retired stamp sets that I have that I refuse to part with, but as for now there just isn't enough time.  Wow I got sidetracked there, here is the card that I came up with for the challenge.  dcbd #162This card uses a lot of dimensionals.  I have the center white layer up on dimensionals, which I may end up taking out because I do not really like the way that you can see the rose layer peeking out from under it since it is raised up.    The regal rose flower has double layers of dimensionals to make it stand up higher than the teal flowers which are on one dimensional each.  Each flower is sponged with chocolate chip ink.  The large flower has an awesome chocolate chip epoxy brad and the smaller ones have vintage brads in them.  I hope you enjoy, and soon I hope to get back on a regular posting schedule!

Don’t forget to head over to the Diva Blog to check out the awesome samples from the other divas and play along too! 

Stamps: Vintage Vogue, Well Scripted

Ink: Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, Regal Rose and Taken with Teal

Paper:  Regal Rose, Whisper White, Sweet Pea Designer Series Paper Stack

Accessories:  Elementary Ribbon Originals, Dimensionals, Chocolate Chip Epoxy Brads, Vintage Brads

Tools:  Clear Blocks, Big Shot, Scallop Oval Frame Bigz die, Sponge

Pin It Now!

No comments: