Pages

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Rag Quilt Purse

Ok so today I do not have any stamping to show you but my project does relate to Stampin’ Up!  Last week a friend contacted me and told me about this purse that she had seen on a stamping blog and asked if I could make one for her daughter.  I took a look at how to make it and since I had the tools needed I said ok.  As I was working on it, my 7 year old watched in amazement as it came together.  She had a birthday party to go to on Saturday and asked if I could make one for her to give as her present because she thought it was so cool.  So I went and made another one.  Now she is asking for one herself.  Here is the one that she brought to her party.  We filled it with girly bath/spa type stuff, shower gel, nail polish etc. 

ragquiltpurse1 I am not sure exactly how much fabric is needed at this time to make the purse as I was just using scraps from other projects.  I am not a talented sewer by any means, in fact until this past Christmas Break I had never sewn anything that was not a straight line.  Luckily this bag is all straight lines.  I used the big shot and the clear scallop square die.  It was so easy I cannot believe it. 

Tools: Scallop Square Clear Die, Big Shot, Fabric, Batting, Button

Pin It Now!

1 comment:

Julie said...

and the birthday girl LOVES it!!! :) So do I! I actually made a rag quilt like this, but never thought to turn it into a purse! Genius! :)