Pages

Monday, February 2, 2009

Challenging Colors

The challenge for the Late Night Stampers group this week was a color challenge.  I like participating in color challenges because they usually make me think outside of my comfort zone.  This one was a real challenge for me.  The colors we were given came from a towel from Ikea, they were garden green, riding hood red, bashful blue and not quite navy.  Here is the inspiration piece.

late night stampers #5I had a hard time using all of these colors together.  I have hardly ever even used garden green and never combined it with any of the other colors but I was up to the challenge.

lnsb-dayThere are some little details that make the card that I was not able to pick up with the camera.  You can kind of see a little sparkle on the flames, they are covered in dazzling diamonds glitter so they really sparkle in real life.  The two red circles are punched from riding hood red dsp and covered in crystal effects to create a button type look to them.  To attach the ribbon, I first glued the candles to the cardstock then I used my crop a dile to punch a hole on either side of the candles and threaded the ribbon through and tied a knot. 

Thanks for looking,

Kirsten Brown

Stamps:  Big Birthday Candle

Ink: Bashful Blue, Summer Sun, and Garden Greed

Paper:  Bashful Blue Prints DSP, Riding Hood Red DSP, Garden Green and Not Quite Navy

Accessories:  Crystal Effects,  Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Riding Hood Red striped ribbon, Stampin’ Dimensionals

Tools:  1/2 inch circle punch,   Crop-a-dile

Pin It Now!

No comments: