Pages

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Heart String

Have you ever had a great idea come to you in the middle of the night. I do all of the time, really it is the only time I get to myself, but it is usually just something little to do the next day. Well the other night, while I was trying to get the baby back to sleep at 3:45 in the morning, I had a thought for a card. The baby wasn't sleeping and I was wide awake. So we both snuck into the office and I set to work on a quick card. I used the colors from Kristina’s color challenge #41.

021109-ci41-colorsMy middle of the night idea was to use the hearts from the Love You Much stamp set on a string, or in this case linen thread. I have seen the hearts used all over the place to make a line or a border which is what lead me to this idea. heart stringThe small hearts were inked with versamark and embossed with black embossing powder, the large white heart is embossed with clear embossing powder but I first inked the heart in versamark and then directly in my riding hood red ink pad and then I stamped it on my cardstock. This is what makes it look like it was embossed with red. I hope you enjoy, I have to go get back to laundry and the rest of the chores so we can have a fun evening when Scott gets home!

Have a great Valentines Day!

Kirsten Brown

Stamps: Love you bunches, Dreams du Jour

Ink: Versamark, Basic Black, Riding Hood Red

Paper: Riding Hood Red Patterns DSP, Riding Hood Red, Whisper White, Basic Gray, Basic Black

Accessories: Dimensionals, Black Embossing powder, Clear Embossing Powder, Linen Thread

Tools: Crafters Tool Kit, Heat Tool

Pin It Now!

No comments: