Pages

Monday, February 9, 2009

Little Baby Chase

Well we hope for mommy’s sake he will be little.  My sister in law is expecting her first child next month, on Saturday we had her baby shower.  I have had this paint can sitting around for a while and decided that it was about time to get it decorated.  I saw a blog back in January that had a cute baby paint can and I knew I had to do something similar.  I wrote down the quote and the address but I missed or added something to the blog address so I don't know who to give the credit to.  Here is what I wrote down, www.stampininthesun.com,  so if you know who’s blog I was checking out please let me know.  I always like to give credit where credit is due. 

chase paint canThis is the finished paint can.  For the blue paper on the top half of the can I used some really old DSP, it was only one sided.  I think  it was called Pool Party.  The bottom of the can uses the retired Close to Cocoa prints dap.

chase lid

The poem on the lid of the can says:

Baby books are great ideas,
but sometimes you're too busy.
Living with a little one
can put you in a tizzy.
Milestones pass too fast at times
to find the proper page.
So, jot a note of each event
with date and baby's age.

chase tags

This box holds a ton of little tags, so that she can jot down the date and what happened on that date, for example, March 20th- First bath.  I thought that the box would be a great way to keep the unused tags separate from the used ones so she didn't have to look when she was in a hurry to write the events down.  The box is made from the new Stampin’ Up die for the big shot.  It was so easy to make.  I did however add an extra piece of cardstock on the inside of the box to make it a little more stable and so that it wouldn't come apart as it was bounced around inside the can.  (I just measured the bottom of the box and cut a rectangle about 1/8 of an inch smaller and stuck some adhesive on in and pushed it in the bottom of the box.)

Stamps:  Headline Alphabet, Punches Three

Ink: Brocade Blue, Chocolate Chip

Paper:  Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Brocade Blue, Whisper White, Pool Party DSP, Close to Cocoa Prints DSP

Accessories:  Brocade Blue Wide Grosgrain, Chocolate Chip Satin Ribbon

Tools: Coluzzle (I cant wait until my circle scissor comes in!), Wide Oval Punch, Small Tag Punch, and Tag Punch

Pin It Now!

1 comment:

Peggy said...

Hi Kirsten
Nice blog! I also make memory tins - about 30 of them now. I always include the baby's name on the side of the can and instead of the box of tags you used, I hang tags from the handle on one side and a pen on the other other. If you'd like to see some of mine they are on my blogs for 1-8, 2-24, 3-10
Peggy
http://stampinpegcadillo.blogspot.com