Pages

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Top Note Card

Recently I participated in a Christmas Card swap, since someone has already posted it on a group site, I figured it was ok to add it here now.  I had so many different designs and had a hard time trying to decide what to do. 

This card started out as so much more, but it just was too much.  It had rhinestones, and glitter and a bg stamp and it just overwhelmed the big shot die cuts which was what I was trying to show off.  So I dialed it back a little, well a lot and it turned out very simple but I loved it.

bs christmas swap

I just used a top fold card base and put it on the top note die, just below the top perforation line in the die to make a card out of it.  The sentiment is from the new hostess set Punches Three, but instead of using the square scallop punch I just cut the middle out.  It is embossed with winter white embossing powder.  The snowflakes are on shimmery white cardstock but it doesnt show in the picture. 

I loved this card but almost felt like it was too simple and since the swap was a small scale one I added in a second card.  I just made up some more of my red mitten 3x3 cards to tuck inside as well.

mittens ccs

Snowflake card

Stamps: Punches Three

Ink: Versamark

Paper: Riding Hood Red, Shimmery White, Night of Navy

Accessories:  Dimensionals, Winter White Embossing Powder, Silver Elastic Cord

Tools:  Big Shot Machine, Top Note Bigz Die, Snowflake #2 Die, Heat Tool

Mittens Card

Stamps: Scandinavian Season

Ink: Baja Breeze, Riding Hood Red

Paper: Whisper White, Baja Breeze

Accessories:  Stampin Dimensionals, Riding Hood Red Taffeta Ribbon, Natural Hemp Twine (one has linen thread though)

Pin It Now!

No comments: