Pages

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Crazy For Cupcake Colors

I just absolutely love doing Kristina's color inspiration challenges if you cant tell.  They are great and are usually color combos that I have not worked with before.  I was looking at my new Crazy for Cupcake stamp set  trying to decide on a birthday card that I had to make.  I was drawing blanks so I had to go see if there was a new color inspiration up, and sure enough it was just what I needed.  Here is Kristina's Color Inspiration #25:

100809-colorinspiration

So the colors are Ballet Blue, Certainly Celery, So Saffron and Ruby Red, which is a perfect combo for a kids birthday card.  Here is what I came up with:

Cupcake colors

I used the new scallop circle die that goes with the bigshot to make the card base.  I embossed the cupcake tower image on all four colors and cut them out.  I was really struggling with the embossing powder sticking to the cardstock.  As I was cutting these little buggers out, I would end up bending the card stock the littlest bit and the embossing powder would come off.  These were the best of what was left.  It was very frustrating.  Next time I will probably just use white craft ink. 

Stamps: Crazy for Cupcakes

Ink: Versamark

Paper:  Ballet Blue, Certainly Celery, So Saffron and Ruby Red

Accessories: Brocade Blue Wide Grosgrain Ribbon, Stampin Dimensionals (of course), White Embossing Powder

Tools:  Big Shot Machine w/ Scallop Circle Die, Corner Rounder Punch, Scallop Edge Punch

Pin It Now!

No comments: