Pages

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Super Simple and Sweet

I have forgotten how much I love Stampin’ Up!’s kraft cardstock and have not used it in many months.  Today I found a scrap of it misfiled in my scraps drawer and decided to pull it back out to play.  I also wanted to try the chalkboard technique.  So here is what I came up withchalkboard The image is stamped with white craft in and then has some pastels added.  It is pretty much the same as the poppin pastels technique, just using craft ink instead of versamark.  Don't look too closely because the pastels are not super pretty.  I am in the process of loosing my stamping area (so sad about that but we are changing our office/homework/computer/craft room into a bedroom for our oldest since we are having bedtime issues with the younger girls so it was time to separate them)  and yesterday I packed my sponge daubers in a box to be moved out of the room and I cannot locate them now.  So I had to make do with a regular old cotton ball.  It took a lot more work to do it with the cotton ball and it was also less accurate and precise than what I can do with a sponge dauber. 

I got a wonderful birthday present in the mail today from a sweet friend, I am going to have to find time to use it tonight and tell you all about it tomorrow.

Stamps: Inspired By Nature

Ink: White Craft

Paper: Kraft

Accessories:  Stampin’ Pastels (old olive and summer sun) , Whisper White taffeta ribbon

Tools: Mat Pack, Paper Piercer, Cotton Ball (but please try with a sponge dauber you will be much happier)

Pin It Now!

1 comment:

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

Love the colors! Great work!