Pages

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Altered Embellishments

I love all of our accessories and embellishments, especially the way that you can change them up to suit your needs.  I created 2 cards with altered embellishments using the DCBD #141 sketch challenge.  One is an exact interpretation on the sketch and the second is a little variation but the basic sketch is still there.

DCBD141 (2) DCBD 141-1For this card I used the whisper white taffeta ribbon and ran it through my summer sun ink pad to dye it the perfect shade of yellow.

Stamps:  Medallion Stamp Set, Dreams du Jour

Ink:  Rose Red, Summer Sun, Not Quite Navy

Paper:  Whisper White, Summer Sun, Not Quite Navy, Rose Red

Accessories: Whisper White Taffeta Ribbon

Tools: Sponge Dauber

For the second card I decided that it needed a little bling after I had it put all the way together.  I wanted to use a rhinestone brad but do not like it when you can see the prongs on the inside of the card.  So I deconstructed the brad.  If you pull the prongs apart you can see two smaller prongs holding the rhinestone into the brad.  Just be careful when you are pulling the prongs away because that silver backing is part of the rhinestone and scratches will show up on the front.  Here is the empty brad casing.

DSC_0008

dcbd 141-2

Stamps: Baroque Motifs, Holiday Best

Ink: Perfect Plum, Old Olive, Basic Black

Paper: Old Olive, Perfect Plum, Basic Black, Cast a Spell DSP

Accessories: Clear Rhinestone Brad

Tools:  1 1/4 inch square punch, 1 3/8 inch square punch

Pin It Now!

4 comments:

Andrea Walford said...

Beautiful! I haven't seen the medallion done in an abstract way until now, I LOVE IT! Halloween is cute, too!

Twila said...

Love how the two cards are totally different looking even though they have the same layout. Top one is my favorite. Love the colors!

Kristin Moore said...

yOu have done great things with this sketch! Love them both and they are so different from each other- way to go!

Unknown said...

wow,amazing cards...
i love the colors..

--
Michell
Home Security Systems no CREDIT CHECK everyone is approved