Pages

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Valentines Class

So I still haven’t found the charger for my camera, lil stinker, so I figured out how to use my webcam to take a picture.  This was my first time using it for pictures and since it doesn’t have a flash and it is raining today, it was hard to get a good picture but I think I did ok.  It was a crazy sight, I had all of the small lamps from around the house on my desk some pointed at two mirrors to reflect light and others to actually light the project.  Anyways, I have found a way to do pictures in the time being.

This is the project I did for my little mini class.  It is a Valentine’s Box.   Here is a picture of the box with the lid and without.  I got the pattern for the box from Becky Robert’s Blog “Inking Idaho”.  I did change up the compartments a little to make the box work for what I was putting in it, but her instructions were great.

                   vday box vdayboxopen

In the box we made several cupcake tags, that can be attached as gift.  This idea was also from Becky.  Although you cannot really tell from the picture the cherry is covered with crystal effects to give it that shiny maraschino cherry look.vdayboxtags

This is one of the cards in the box.  The flower on the love you much image is covered by a pink pirouette felt flower but it doesn't really show up in the picture.

vdayboxc2This is the second card in the box.  

vdayboxc1

We also made several love notes and here are two of the designs.  The one on the left is inspired by the one on the Stampin’ Up! home page, I just made it into a smaller card.  The one on the right is from Dannie Graves, I just changed the card color and a little bit of the dsp dimensions. 

vdayboxc3

Then in the end there was a little extra room so I filled it up with some dark chocolate raspberry kisses. 

Stamps:  Love You Much, Simple Birthday Thanks

Ink:  Real Red, Riding Hood Red, Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink, Pink Pirouette, Baja Breeze, Basic Black and Many Marvelous Markers set

Paper: Real Read, Riding Hood Red, Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink, Pink Pirouette, Whisper White, Candy Lane DSP Summer Picnic DSP and Riding Hood Red Patterns DSP

Accessories:  Crystal Effects, Antique Brass Jumbo Eyelets, Signo White Gel Pen. Chocolate Satin Ribbon, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Flower Fusion Too,  Real Red Brad, Aqua Painter, Pretty in Pink Tafetta Ribbon, Silver Brads

Tools:  Crafter’s Tool Kit, Heart to Heart Punch, Scallop Edge Punch, Scallop Edge Punch

Pin It Now!

No comments: