Pages

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Perpetual Birthday Calendar

The other day we figured out that it was someone’s birthday and we were going to stop by her house in like an hour.  I needed to come up with something fast that I could give as a little birthday gift.  I have just about depleted my stash of gifts so I had to come up with something fast.  I had down loaded the recipe wrap up template from Papertreyink and it was just waiting to be used.  The template is here.  It was so simple and made the perfect little gift. 

bdaycal

The file came with some calendar templates but they said 2009 on them, and since I was making a perpetual calendar to be used for many years I didn't like that.  I printed up new labels on to cardstock and just covered up the part I didn't like.  Here is what it looks like open.

bdaycalopen

This is a close up on the inserts to show how I covered up the Month and Year Header, there are two per pocket. 

bdaycal lists

The template itself was designed so that you can just print it on your cardstock and cut.  Well if you are like me, and like to save every little scrap of paper for later use (“waste not want not”) I recommend a different course of action.  I just printed it out on computer paper and measured the cut and score lines and used it as a visual guide and I was able to save that 1.5 by 11 inch piece of paper that would have been lost otherwise.

Paper:  Bella Rose DSP, Kiwi Kiss and Pink Pirouette

Accessories:  Pink Pirouette Striped Grosgrain Ribbon

Tools:  Large Oval and Wide Oval Punches

Pin It Now!

No comments: