Pages

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

More and More Each Day

While waiting outside of the kids’ school to pick them up, I had this idea pop into my head for a swap I was doing.  It was this great idea until I was about half way done with it.  I carefully attached my saying and then realized that the saying, which made the card, was not allowed because it used the retired font cd.  My interest in making the card fizzled out and I stopped working on it.  Today I decided to try and finish it up.  Here is the final project.

failed ccs

In keeping with my theme of using things that are not utilized enough I used the Mark the Date stamp set, that I just had to have, but have only used twice, well now three times.  It doesn’t really show up in the picture but instead of stamping numbers in for each date it is filled in with X’s and O’s.   (I have the hardest time photographing my pink pirouette images.)  I also used the cutter kit, which is another item that was just so cool I had to have but have never used, to rough up the edges of the riding hood red cardstock.  Since I already had used one retired item on the card, I went ahead and added a clip from the retired hardware set.  The card is not quite what I had originally pictured but I still think that it makes a great “love” card to give to that special guy in your life.

Stamps:  Mark the Date and Calendar Alphabet

Ink:  Black, Riding Hood Red, Pink Pirouette

Paper:  Basic Black, Kraft, Riding Hood Red, and Riding Hood Red Patterns DSP

Accessories:  Pewter Hodgepodge Hardware, Black Grosgrain Ribbon

Tools: Small and Large Oval Punches, Cutter Kit

Pin It Now!

No comments: