Pages

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Seriously

This is not my day.  First off it is rainy, cold and windy where is the beautiful spring weather?  Second, I have two kids home sick today, the kids have been passing around this 48 hour stomach bug.  Why is it that the older kids cannot make it into the bathroom before throwing up when the 3 year old and 17 month old can?  Twice today we have lost power because of the wind and rain I am guessing.  Fourth I went to go work on the project for today’s post and found my sewing machine broken yet again and after several hours I am still not sure how to fix it.  (This was partly my fault, I was working on it when the power went out the first time and forgot to put the cover on the sewing machine so it was out there tempting the little girls.)  I forget what number we are on but I went to school to pick up the kid that was not sick and the car died in the school driveway.  No one would stop and help me with a jump.  I know how to jump a car all they had to do was open their hood and I would do the rest, it was not even raining at this moment.  Luckily the principal pulled his car around and helped me get mine started.  Then when we pull into the driveway at home I got the two little girls out of their seats and notice that my oldest is not getting out of the car.  She is just sitting there, I keep asking her to get out but she just sits there are stares at me until she proceeds to throw up all over the car.   Really?!?  I brought plastic bags and clean empty trash cans that she had if she needed, plus we were home in plenty of time for her to run to the bathroom, or the grass or even the driveway, but in the car?  I know that there are plenty of people that have lots worse to deal with in life but this just is not my day.  Since Sat I have only had a combined total of 4.5 hours of sleep in the last 3 nights, and I am not in college anymore and I am not handling it all too well.  And to top it all off I am having a major allergy attack.  I am usually safe from allergies when it rains but not today.  So enough with the whining on my part and on to today’s post, thanks for listening to my vent.

After making the baby blocks I knew the next thing I wanted to make was a bean bag.  My kids love playing with them but our last set bit the dust a few months ago.  I also made a tic-tac-toe mat to play with the bean bags on.  I guess what I made was a cross between tic-tac-toe and toss across, maybe I should call it tic-tac-toss.  The bean bag is simply two of the scallop circles sewn together, leaving a small opening so that you can stuff it with dried beans, and then stitching the opening closed.bean bag

The game board is a large piece of flannel that I sewed on some brocade blue wide grosgrain ribbon.tictactossThe healthy kids are begging to play with the game but I only have one bean bag finished and that would be a pretty lame game of tic tac toe.  I don't know how I am going to figure out how to fix the sewing machine this time to finish the game.   This is what I found when I came back to my sewing machine.  broken sewing machine  

I am not sure how the culprit got the piece out of the machine, but it is a part of the thread loading mechanism.  I really do not have the funds to get this fixed so I am going to have to figure out how to do it on my own, but I have no idea how it went and there are not diagrams of this part of the machine in the instruction manual or on the brother website.  Anyone know how to fix it?

Pin It Now!

1 comment:

elaine said...

Sorry you had such a bad day. You managed to share a great project though. I noticed the hand stitching :~( I hope you have figured out your sewing machine. You could probably find some kind of repair site online for it.

Glad to hear that the day finally ended and you got some sleep.