Pages

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Diva Coffee Break Designs Challenge #173

 

Well it is not Wednesday, but never fear it is not too late to play along with this weeks Diva Challenge.  I got my days all screwed up this past week and never got my card posted even thought it was done.  This week was a fun sketch. 

This is the perfect sketch to show off some of my favorite, soon to be retiring designer series paper, the Sweet Pea Designer Series Paper Stack.  I love this set of paper and have seriously considered ordering some more and stocking up before it retires.  I still have a full pack plus about 1/8 of a pack left, but I know that Stampin’ Up! just has to provide us with a great alternative in the next catalog so I am trying hard to hold off.  dcbd#173

I used Taken With Teal on this card.  This is one of the colors that I will definitely miss with the upcoming color renovation.  I use it a lot more than tempting turquoise, but as sad as I am to see it go I am even more excited to see and use the new colors!

I have some good news, I figured out the problem with my sewing machine!  Someone, I have my guesses as to which child it is even though they are not confessing, had pushed a crasin in the gears in the opening where you insert a bobbin.  It made a big mess of the inside of my machine but I was able to get it clean and working again!  So I was able to finish my big shot project and will have it ready to show tomorrow!

Don’t forget to head over to the Diva Coffee Break Designs Blog to check out the samples that the other divas have made and to play along with us!

Stamps:  Vintage Vogue

Ink:  Taken with Teal

Paper:  So Saffron, Taken With Teal, Pumpkin Pie,  Whisper White and Sweet Pea Designer Series Paper Stack

Accessories:  Linen Thread

Tools:  Big Shot, Beautiful Butterflies Embosslit, 1 1/4 and 1 3/8 inch square punches

Pin It Now!

No comments: