Pages

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Diva Coffee Break Designs Challenge #169

Happy St Patrick’s Day.  I am not a big fan of the holiday but I put on a happy face and make corned beef and cabbage for my husband and make sure that all of the kids will be wearing green so that they do not have to endure any pinching at school.  So I decided to use green in my cards. This week we have a fun and simple sketch to go with.

DCBD169

Again this week I made two cards for the challenge.  Over the weekend I made this card, my first attempt.  Then last night as I went to upload it to the Diva website, I noticed that there were two other cards that were very similar.  So I decided to start over and make something completely different.  Here is my first card to wish you all good luck and a happy St Patty’s Day.dcbd#169As you can see, St Patrick’s Day gave me a bit of a struggle.  But I was pleased with how it turned out.  The next card is a design that I might use for a swap, but of course I would tweak it a little bit.  I realized that I had zero, yep zip, zilch, zero birthday cards for boys so I tried to create a fun bright card that a young boy would enjoy.  I will have to see if it passes the test with my son. 

 dcbd#169-2

Don’t forget to head over to the Diva Coffee Break Designs Blog to check out the samples that the other divas have made and to play along with us!

St Patty’s Day Card

Stamps:  I {Heart} Hearts

Ink:  Old Olive

Paper:  Whisper White, So Saffron, Old Olive, Tall Tales DSP

Accessories:  So Saffron Brads, Dimensionals

 

Skater Card

Stamps:  Extreme Skateboard (FREE WITH SALE~A~BRATION!)

Ink:  Tempting Turquoise, Green Galore

Paper: Whisper White, Tempting Turquoise, Green Galore, Basic Gray, Pink Flaming DSP

Accessories:  Dimensionals

Tools:  Big Shot, Perfect Details Embossing Plate

Pin It Now!

No comments: