Pages

Friday, March 26, 2010

Baptism Invites

I tried to create some pretty invitations for my daughters baptism.  I really struggled with this one because I wanted the card to be mostly white and simple, but still pretty and elegant.  I think that I was finally able to create the card that I intended.  I was so happy with the final results but so very disappointed in the pictures.  I tried taking pictures at different times of day with different lights, no lights, every which way I could imagine but I could not get one shot that showed of the simple beauty of the card.  (I took 109 pictures and these are the 3 best, thank goodness for digital cameras!)   The card was made using the shimmery white cardstock and sprayed with 5 complete coats of shimmer paint spray.  I would spray them all wait a minute for them to dry before spraying them again.  The cards really shimmered! 

Shot #1 Colors closest to real lifekkbap invite3 Shot#2 Shows a little bit of the sparkle.  (The card REALLY sparkles in real life)kkbap invite Shot #3 This is the way that most of the pictures turned out  because there was so much shimmer paint on the cardstock.  I guess it was picking up the color in the paint instead of the shimmer although the card still looks completely white in person.kkbap invite2

Stamps: Wedding Sweet

Ink: Melon Mambo

Paper: Shimmery White Cardstock

Accessories:  Pretties Kit, Champagne Shimmer Paint

Tools:  Big Shot, Stampin’ Up! Elegant Bouquet Embossing Folder

Pin It Now!

No comments: