Pages

Friday, July 17, 2009

Cutest Little Bug

I just knew that I had to have the level one hostess set Love Bugs as soon as I saw it. I just love the baby bug in the carriage. My only wish would be that the stamps were a little bit bigger. Well when I saw the fun colors that Kristina picked for her color challenge, I knew that I had a starting place for this fun set. Here is her inspiration:

071409-colors #56The colors she picked from the picture are red, pumpkin, saffron, celery, ballet blue and white. It was a lot of colors to work into a card and almost intimidating. Here is my card:cutebug

I took the time to paper piece the “capitiller” (as my 2.5 year old would say), because I wasn't too happy with just coloring it with my markers. It was pretty easy until I got to the hearts on the first body segment below the head. It was so frustrating because as soon as I cut one out I would loose it there are now 7 various itty bitty hearts somewhere in the room. After all of the trouble with the hearts I decided to just color the boots. Here is a close up of the details.cutebug detailsStamps: Love Bugs

Ink: Black, Real Red and So Saffron markers

Paper: So Saffron, Certainly Celery, Ballet Blue, Pumpkin Pie, Real Red, and Whisper White

Accessories: Stampin Dimensionals

Tools: Paper Piercing Tool and Mat Pack

Pin It Now!

13 comments:

Twila said...

I love him! Love the great colors!

Nancy Riley said...

Incredibly CUTE! I can't believe you paper pieced that teeny tiny caterpillar! You've got patience!

Andrea Walford said...

Cute, cute, cute! The little stripes behind are such a great element!

claudia shadler said...

very pretty card! an adorable caterpillar!

clouds :D

Winter said...

So sweet! I love thar little caterpillar!

Anonymous said...

this is so cute I love all the little elements incorporated into it!

Dotty Jo said...

What a wonderful work of art!

Andrea said...

What a cute, cute, fun card. I love the little stripes of paper behind, such a great pop of color.

Girl can Knit - Cherry Lane Knit Stamp Quilt said...

so Cute! love the strips of paper behind the buggie! The colors are sweet as well and i love how you stamped it on cardstock and cut out!

Luv 2 Cre8 With U said...

What an adorable card. I love your design. Great job!!

sandi maciver said...

Cute as a bug, looks like you were cutting our circles for awhile, love this card

Elise said...

SUCH a cute card! Seriously, so well put together! Congratulations on being in Kristina's Round Up!

LeAnne said...

I did see this, it is quite cute! Congrats!