Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Diva Coffee Break Design Challenge #236

WooHoo!  A post two days in a row and two nights of stamping in a row!  I am one happy momma!  Oh how I have missed my stamps so far this summer, but it has been totally worth it to enjoy the time with the kiddos. 
This week’s color challenge was out of my comfort zone.  Really when I first saw the colors I thought “ick, maybe I should skip this week”.  Well I could not bring myself to skipping out on my responsibilities when I was around and could actually do them.  Well here are the colors.
DCBD_236-001I am not a huge fan of Bravo Burgundy or that much of a fan of River Rock either, but I find River Rock more do-able than Burgundy.  I don't know, its just not for me.   After staring at the three ink pads lined up on my desk for a while I finally figured something out.  I knew that it was going to have to be simple or I would not be able to pull it off. 
236But I really think that I pulled it off!  I actually am very happy with the card and will actually use it!  This card is a 3” x 6” card, a 6” x 6” piece of cardstock scored at 3”.  I was able to use another new stamp set, Button Buddies as well as my Friendly Phrases stamp set.  Button Buddies is such a cute stamp set, even if you are not using the buttons.  It was one that I was instantly drawn to, so many fun images in it.  Well I hope that I have been able to show you that you can create pretty things even if you do not like the colors.  I hope that you can play along with us at the Diva Coffee Break Designs blog so that I can see what other wonderful things you all can do with these colors and inspire me to use them more! Pin It Now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very cute card...I looked at the Button Buddies, but decided no, you've made me stop & re-think that decision...Karen Barineau