Pages

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

DCBD # 147

Today is Wednesday, which means it is time for the Diva Coffee Break Design Team challenge.  This week is a sketch.  I usually really enjoy sketches but this one was a toughie for me. 

DCBD147 I ended up using my favorite dsp paper pack from the current catalog, Cottage Wall DSP.  I did not think that I even liked the color Orchid Opulence until this paper came around. 

dcbd 147The card seems a little plain but I still like it.  This was one of those cards that started out really elaborate and I had to keep removing and taking away elements to get it to my liking.  In the process I removed one of the layers that was suggested in the sketch but I figure that you don’t always need to take a literal interpretation of a sketch, right?  Don't forget to go to the DCBD team blog and check out the fabulous samples over there! 

Stamps: Smarty Pants

Ink: Rich Razzleberry

Paper:  Old Olive, Orchid Opulence, Cottage Wall DSP

Accessories: Silver Elastic Cord, Old Olive Brads, Stampin’ Dimensionals

Tools:  Big Shot, Beautiful Butterflies Bigz Die, SU! Backgrounds texturez plates, 1/2 inch circle punch

Pin It Now!

No comments: