Pages

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Patriotic Treat

As I was grocery shopping, I ran across these red, white and blue gummy ring things.  I generally am not a fan of these but they just shouted at me to make an altered treat for a picnic.  I used a top note folded in half to create the topper for the bag, and then used the star and the large star punches randomly across the top to create a festive treat.

patriotic treat

A tip for punching the star outlines is to first punch out the smaller star from your cardstock and then center the small star inside the opening of the larger punch. 

Pin It Now!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Very sweet July 4th treat for the kiddos while watching fireworks! Cute, cute, cute!!!

Luv 2 Cre8 With U said...

4th of July is coming soon. This is a very cute idea. I love the stars. I need to use my punch more often. I like how you color coordinated everything.

Holly said...

Cute cute cute! Love this red white and blue combo! Perfect idea for 4th of July party favors!!!

Virginia Killmore said...

Yummy I love the package design!

Girl can Knit - Cherry Lane Knit Stamp Quilt said...

Very cute and festive!

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

LOVE IT. Great, simple, idea!